I am pretty excited about NetKotH coming to Hack3rCon. I hear that there have been some new twists and turns added to the scenario. I can't wait!
What is NetKotH?
Network King of the HillAdrian Crenshaw and Martin Bos are running a live hacking event.
****Win A Netbook w/ BT4 BlackHat Edition installed
1. The teams will be given IPs to web servers with vulnerabilities to attack, their goal is to deface the front page on each. Expect there to be a Linux and a Windows box, and maybe some surprises. :) The IPs for this game are:
Versions will be switching during the game.
2. Teams try to put up their own defacement, take down other people's defacement, and lock down the box to keep others teams out. The teams name must be in the <team></team> tag when they deface the site for the scoring system to register it, but they can change the page however they like.
3. Once per minute (more or less) the scoring software will see who currently owns the site, and score it.
4. Referees will work as a blue team to occasionally step in and change things on the target IPs. Fix the defacement, patch, roll back changes, switch Operating Systems, etc, just to even the playing field and make things interesting.
1. Only penetrate the hosts at the given IPs, not the scoring box (10.0.0.99) or other contestant's boxes. XSS of a player may be ok as long as it’s not destructive. >:)
2. DoS and network routing/traffic attacks are allowed, even on the traffic coming to and from contestants and the scoring box.
3. Stay on the NetKotH network while attacking.
4. Martin and Adrian may change/add other rules at will.
You may view the current scores by surfing to 10.0.0.99.
Check out the interesting write-ups on NetKotH